We are looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer responsible for the development and maintenance of our backend server that is powering our iOS, Android and Web applications. This position is available for remote workers, and has an opportunity of being promoted to our United States offices.
Your primary focus will be the development, maintenance, and improvement of our Rails API only application. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative communication, problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Translate designs, written JIRA tasks into high quality Ruby code.
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the server
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Record and update work using Agile framework through Atlassian JIRA
We value code correctness, readability, and elegance over speed. Efficient code is important, but it should never come at the cost of ugly code.
- You must be fluent in English.
- A history of shipping clean, well-tested code quickly
- BS in Computer Science or closely related discipline.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails with at least 3 deployed web applications
- Strong understanding of MVC web architecture
- Experience working with Rails 5
- Experience deploying web applications via Heroku
- Experience with Heroku Pipelines and Heroku CI
- Experience and interest in mentoring junior engineers.
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL)
- Experience building and scaling user-focused mobile applications
- Experience working on iOS/Android projects a plus
- Experience with JSONAPI or JSONAPI Suite is a plus
Compensation: Competitive Salary in US Dollars