Socio is a venture-backed SaaS company that helps SMBs and enterprises optimize their events. With clients like Google, Microsoft, PepsiCo, and Hyundai, Socio is being used in hundreds of events globally and facilitating millions of interactions every day.
What are we looking for:
Would you like to take ownership of turning a fast-moving tech start-up into an organized and efficient operation? Socio is looking for a Chief of Staff who will be the right hand to the CEO and take a leading role in defining how we work together as a team. You will work across several different teams and business functions on projects that will shape the direction of the business and immediately boost the team’s productivity.
You may design new processes to scale Socio, organize internal documents, manage invoicing, analyze different market segments and business models, manage daily office operations, or build a talent system to help recruit and retain top talent. Whatever it is you are working on will be needle-moving for Socio.
You will support the CEO by helping the team execute and maintain your focus on the company’s most pressing priorities, providing you unique insight into Socio's operations on every level.
If you love working on new, impactful projects every single day and if you take pride in producing exceptional and diligent work, we want to hear from you.
- You must truly enjoy a dynamic startup environment where every day is different and each challenge is different.
- You must be highly driven to be successful. You’ll get tons of support, but not a lot of guidance. We need people who will not stop until they figure out how to get the job done.
- An entrepreneur at heart. There’s no blueprint or playbook here. You’ll have to demonstrate the highest degree of quick-thinking, intuition, and empathy on a daily-basis.
- You must have world-class organization skills.
- You must have world-class presentation skills (written, in-person, formal presentations, internal, external, networking, etc.).
- Communication skills of all types should be a core strength, as well as the ability to build strong relationships based on empathy plus mutual respect.
- You must have tremendous emotional intelligence, including exceptional foresight and judgment.
- You must be highly detail-oriented and comfortable wearing many hats.
- You must be able to prioritize ruthlessly and hit goals.
- You must have strong research and synthesis skills.
- You must be extremely resourceful and creative, capable of solving difficult, critical problems by leveraging the extensive resources of Socio.
- You must be able to effectively manage a budget, including optimizing the allocation of resources and showing ROI on all spend.
- You must have strong operational skills and be capable of setting up systems to measure the impact of your work.
- Ownership. You take responsibility for the work you do. You have the sense of complete ownership and comfort with owning projects end-to-end.
- Quality. You take pride in everything you deliver as a reflection of yourself.
- Critical thinking. You must be able to think strategically to connect the dots between external opportunities and available resources/capabilities across Socio.
- Integrity, at the highest level. You must be able to exercise good judgment on behalf of others.
- Highly resilient. You must have a growth mindset and be very comfortable giving and taking direct feedback and constructive criticism. You must be an exceptional performer in high-pressure situations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and constantly with teams via Slack and other collaboration tools.
- “Tech savviness”, i.e., an ability to quickly master new tech tools, systems, and software.